The Cambridge Theatre opened on the 4th September 1930. It was built by Mr B. A. Meyers to the designs of architects Wimperis, Simpson and Guthrie.
The interior decoration was in the hands of
These were of particular artistic merit and interest having been cast in a new material called 'Lap' never previously used in this country at the time.
The effect is "like a polished newly grained marble except that metal can also be run into the mould to give an extra texture to the finished surface. The final colour scheme of these reliefs is copper and terra cotta."